- a specialist team of high quality researchers and policy analysts focused on housing and planning issues
- available to do short term research synthesis and longer term studies
- backing your policy and practice with quality evidence and analysis
- located in the Department of Land Economy - a 'World Leading' research department focused on land and property in one of the world's top universities
- 25 years accumulated knowledge and experience of housing and planning
- a team of highly qualified researchers with the full range of research skills
- a track record of work conducted to time and within budget
Our specialisms include...
- social housing and low cost home ownership
- section 106 and affordable housing development
- understanding local housing markets
- the role of home ownership and private renting
- policy analysis backed by unrivalled social housing statistics
Working with your organisation, we...
- turn your idea into a proposal for a research project that meets your needs
- produce evidence-based guides for best practice
- conduct data analysis, cost-benefit analysis and econometric modelling
- collect and analyse secondary data on housing and planning
- provide you with customised data and analysis for your question/research problem
- host exploratory seminars at locations to suit you
- conduct surveys, focus groups, telephone and face to face interviews
In addition to the wide range of customised research services we can provide, please see below for more details on the specific products and services we are currently offering:
Information about household incomes at a local level has long been acknowledged as a gap in available data. Social landlords in particular often need household incomes at local authority level in order to set, for example, Affordable Rents for different sizes of property, and to assess the potential market for shared ownership development.